Dods Group Ltd and Cabinet Office
Civil Service Live 2021
Cabinet Office (the “Event Partner”) is the data controller and Dods Group Ltd (“Dods”, “our”, “us”) is the data processor. The Event Partner is responsible for your personal data and has asked us to process the personal data you provide when you register for Civil Service Live (“Event”). This Privacy Notice aims to inform you on the personal data processing we carry out on your personal data.
The Event Partner has requested Dods to provide its event management services to hold the Event and to process your personal data as stated below to enable you to attend and access the Civil Service Live Event.
By registering for the Event, you will be providing us with your personal data and contact information as requested in the online registration form. In the case of group bookings or bookings made on an individual’s behalf, please ensure you have sought the individual’s prior approval to submit their information.
The personal data collected in the registration form includes:
• your name;
• your job title;
• your organisation/department;
• your job grade;
• your work location
• your work mobile number;
• accessibility information; and
• your email address.
For speakers at panels:
• your gender
• your ethnicity
You may have received an invitation from the Event Partner to attend the Event, via internal communications and intranet channels inside your organisation or department.
You may have received an invitation from us, on behalf of the Event Partner, to attend the Event. In this case, your personal data has been provided to us from the Event Partner.
The Event Partner has asked us to handle your personal data to enable you to attend, and this will include to:
• register and facilitate your attendance at the Event;
• analyse attendance at, and any subsequent marketing communications in relation to, the Event;
• provide you with updates and details relating to the Event;
• manage delegate, Event Partner and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
• take photographs and record videos of the Event, and to produce promotional material to advertise the Event and to promote future events;
• verify your identity for security purposes (where applicable);
• monitor the gender and ethnicity balance of panels of speakers to ensure fair representation; and
• handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal regulatory compliance.
Legal basis of processing your personal data for the Event
The legal basis relied on by the Cabinet Office for processing your personal data in relation to holding the event, promoting it, and taking photographs and videos of the event, is that processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller. In this case that is the role of the Cabinet Office in holding Civil Service Live.
To the extent that you provide, in the registration form or by subsequent email, special categories of data (including data revealing health or medical details), the Cabinet Office has instructed us to process such information to ensure your safety and wellbeing at the Event (paragraph 1, schedule 1, Data Protection Act 2018).
To the extent that we process ethnicity data of speakers to ensure fair representation, our legal basis for doing so is that processing is of data concerning ethnicity, religious or philosophical belief, health including disability or sexual orientation, and it is necessary for the purposes of identifying or keeping under review the existence or absence of equality of opportunity or treatment between groups of people with a view to enabling such equality to be promoted or maintained (paragraph 8, schedule 1, Data Protection Act 2018).
In order for us to carry out the instructions from the Cabinet Office for processing your data, Dods may provide your personal data to:
• Eventsforce - our online bookings service provider
• Bray Leino – our virtual event delivery partner
• CrowdComms – our virtual event platform
to the extent necessary to facilitate your attendance at the event and to fulfil the instructions from the Cabinet Office.
During the registration form, you may consent to Dods sharing your data with relevant sponsor organisations if you register to attend one of their sessions or express interest at their online exhibition stand. This Privacy Notice does not cover how your data will be used by those sponsors or third parties, and you should consult the privacy notices of those organisations.
If you agree, the virtual event platform allows delegates to network. In such a case your name, job title and organisation may be available to anyone else who has agreed to the networking facility.
Personal diversity data relating to the gender and ethnicity of speakers will not be shared outside of the Civil Service, and will be used in statistical form for reporting to Civil Service senior leaders, and Diversity and Inclusion network colleagues.
We keep your personal data in identifiable form until 60 days after the final event day.
• You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
• You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
• You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
• You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
• You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data
Please contact the Cabinet Office at the following addresses if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding the use of your data.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or 0303 123 1113, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
The data controller for your personal data is the Cabinet Office. The contact details for the data controller are: Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, London, SW1A 2AS, or 0207 276 1234, or email@example.com.
The contact details for the data controller’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) are: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer provides independent advice and monitoring of Cabinet Office’s use of personal information.