Civil Service Live is the government’s annual, cross-department learning event, attracting thousands of civil servants to regional events to learn, network and share best practice - with the goal of providing better public service.
The conference offers engaging, interactive and thought-provoking sessions, led by expert and inspirational speakers. Senior leaders from the Civil Service, Parliament, Public and Private sector will be talking about their experiences, sharing knowledge and taking questions.
The event content is designed around four key themes which make up the Civil Service vision; ‘A Brilliant Civil Service’, and the international context of this work. The content will highlight the progress departments have made in working towards achieving this vision.
The event is a great development opportunity, and is designed to motivate civil servants to continue to adopt the vision and demonstrate leadership, learn new skills and improve their working environment to provide better public service.
The events will have a variety of different learning activities, including:
- one-to-one mentoring sessions
- networking events
- Q&A opportunities with the Head of Civil Service and the CEO
- bitesize professions sessions
- Civil Service, public and private sector exhibitors
- keynote addresses from Permanent Secretaries and senior leaders
- workshops and seminars aimed at all grades and disciplines.
The 2018 dates and locations have been confirmed:
Wednesday 13 June 2018: NEC, Birmingham