Civil Service Live is the government’s annual, cross-department learning event, attracting thousands of civil servants to regional events to learn, network and share best practice - with the ultimate goal of providing better public service.
The conferences offer engaging, interactive and thought provoking sessions, led by dynamic, expert and inspirational speakers. Senior leaders from the Civil Service, Parliament, the public and private sector will be talking about their experiences, sharing their knowledge, and taking questions.
Content is focused on the themes of the Civil Service vision, A Brilliant Civil Service, and will highlight the progress departments have made working to achieve the vision of becoming ‘A Brilliant Civil Service’, and the international context of that work.
The event is a great development opportunity, and is designed to motivate civil servants to continue to adopt the vision and demonstrate leadership, learn new skills and improve their working environment to provide better public service.
The events will have a variety of different learning activities, including:
● one-to-one mentoring sessions
● Competency writing surgeries
● networking events
● Q&A opportunities with the Head of Civil Service and the CEO
● bitesize professions sessions
● Civil Service, public and private sector exhibitors
● keynote addresses from Permanent Secretaries and senior leaders
● workshops and seminars aimed at all grades and disciplines.
The events will take place on the following dates, at these locations:
Tuesday 4 July 2017: EICC, Edinburgh
Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 July 2017: QEII Centre, London